The Victorians knew about greenhouses and there are examples of Victorian Greenhouses still standing in some of our stately homes today. But they suffer and are under constant repair. Back then the glass was only 2mm (one twelth of an inch) thick, now we use glass twice as thick and toughened to safety glass standards. The glass can now be manufactured in single sheets avoiding the need to overlap the glass. This provides more light to your plants as well as limiting any maintenance. In the Accoya range we use timber, providing strong portal frames and in the instance you don't want to house the greenhouse on a low wall you can opt for the Accoya sculptural boarded base which is long lasting and ecologically sourced.
- Combination of beautiful wood and long lasting aluminium
- Lots of light through toughened safety glass panels for stronger plants
- Offered in a choice of boarded or brick base for a traditional look
- Hand turned finials at the end of each ridge
- Attractive narrow pane centres
- Generous Victorian roof pitch providing lots of height for you and your plants